Friday, July 8, 2011

Follow up to Psalm 20: 8-9

 "Being Catholic means never having to say he have nothing left to do."
-Scott Hahn (Signs of Life)

I was reading the introduction to Scott Hahn's book "Signs of Life" yesterday and one line hit me in relation to my post from yesterday.  On page 7 (I haven't gotten much farther yet) it says "Being Catholic means never having to say he have nothing left to do."  As a Catholic we don't give up.  Even when it seems like there is no possible answer or solution and the only option that we have is to give up we can still turn to God.  We don't have to have the feeling that there is nothing left or that we have tried our last option, we always have God and prayer.  I find this an extremely comforting thought.  What ever happens we will not be completely hopeless.

Dear Lord, help me to remember to turn to you when I struggle and when I succeed.