Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to The Word and a great opportunity!

So I have been praying and I have been reflecting and I have been posting and sharing these reflections over the past few weeks.  And I have also been posting about my random thoughts.  But these are my own reflections and my own thoughts.  I am missing something.  While personal reflection is great I still feel as if I am missing something. 
Ah ha
The Word
I have been reflecting and praying but I have been missing out on reading the bible.  I have been missing out on reading works of the great theologians of the past and of our time.  I have been missing out on learning from others.  I have been thinking but only about my stuff, what I know.  In order to really learn and grow I need to learn from others.
Jesus, Theologians, You
I do not have all the knowledge.  I do not know it all.
I have so much to grow.
Sometimes in all the self reflection I seem to forget about my true purpose, my true God.

So I am going to spend some time learning:
Learning from scripture.
Learning from books.
Learning from you.
And learning from this great opportunity!

John Paul the Great Catholic University is offering a free online course in the Catholic Faith.  It spans 12 weeks and seems like a great way to learn from the experts (without leaving my couch).  I am going to give it a try.  It starts today but I think the lessons will be up for a while after as well.  Read here for a better description of the course if you are interested.  Looks like a great opportunity. 

I'm going to listen to today's lesson about Jesus tonight.  I'll let you know how it goings.



Joining in with Jen and all the lovely women over there.