Monday, January 17, 2011

1 Corinthians 10:31

1 Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.

This simple verse can be used to give meaning to a life that may otherwise seem mundane or useless.  Exactly what we do with our day-to-day lives is not as important as if we do it for the glory of God.  If we are truly living for our Lord everything that we do should be for him.  This does not mean that we must completely fill our day with things such as the rosary, mass, adoration, reading the bible or serving the poor.  We can make every little thing that we do in our daily life into a prayer to our God if we do it with love and as a service to our Lord.  No matter how simple or ordinary our actions may seem they can be truly extraordinary if they are done for the glory of God.
This reminds me of a quote from Mother Teresa "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love."  This quote gives me the realization that even if I don’t feel like I am doing ‘great things’, I can still be doing what am I with ‘great love'.  Even the simplest action can be great if it is done for our Lord with great love.  In order to live a life completely devoted to God everything we do needs to be done with the intention to serve our Lord.  A life lived for the glory of God is anything but mundane or useless.

Dear Lord, help me to give you glory in all my actions.