Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Psalm 1:1


Psalm 1:1
Happy those who do not follow
 the counsel of the wicked,
Nor go the way of sinners,
nor sit in company with scoffers.

How often I find myself trying to remain positive and avoid sin while I am surrounded by negative people who are not striving to follow in the path of God.  These people are not leading me to be a better person but I try to believe that they are not leading me into sin either.  While it might be true that most of the time they don’t lead me directly into sin (although I’ll admit sometimes they do) I do have to acknowledge that they are not making it easy on me and are not truly making me happy.  Being around these people is a constant struggle to avoid sin.  This psalm tells us that if we do not spend all are time with people who tease others, and follow in the path of sinners and ask the advice of the wicked then we can be happy.  We need to surround ourselves with people who help us be better people rather then those who lead us into sin.

Dear Lord, Help me to avoid people who lead me into sin in my daily life.