Sunday, May 22, 2011

John 14: 5-7

John 14: 5-7 Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.  If you know me, then you will also know my Father.  From now I you do know him and have seen him."

Just a quick though from today's gospel reading.
How often do we want to do something or go somewhere but to not know the way.  When Thomas asks this questions Jesus replies very simply that he is the way.  If Thomas knows him then he also knows the way.  This is something that I know I should realize a lot more.  It doesn't matter what they problem is or what I am trying to do, Jesus is they way to the answer or the solution.

Dear Lord, Help me to always follow your way in all parts of my life.