Sunday, August 26, 2012

A thought and a question from Psalm 71

Psalm 71

Verse 5
You are my hope, Lord;
my trust, God, from my youth.

Verse 17
God, you have taught me from my youth;
to this day I proclaim your wondrous deeds.

The Lord has been with us since we were little children, (even before that really).  If we go back to our earliest memory the Lord was still with us, even if we did not realize it.

I grew up Catholic.  I grew up going to mass.  I grew up praying with my family.  I don't really have a time that I first learned about the Lord or first trusted in the Lord.  It is easy for me to understand that the Lord has always known me and cared for me because he was always there in my memory.  The Lord has always been part of my life.  I don't have a time that I first understood that the Lord loved me because I was so young.  

I am very grateful that my parents brought me up knowing about and loving the Lord.  I have found that many of the most devout Catholics and Christians that I know were converts to the faith.  They may not have had this experience as a child.  I would love to read about and hear about the experience of coming to realize that God's love for you is true.  How do you view earlier parts in your life?  Can you now see times when God was working in your life before you realized it?  Please share if you would like.

Just a thought that I had that seemed to lead to more questions then answers, but I guess that's how you learn and grow.

Joining in with Jen today.