Sunday, April 3, 2011

Genesis 31 :49

Genesis 31:49 "May the Lord keep watch between you and me when we are out of each other's sight."

Even when no other person can see us or will even be affected by our actions God still sees what we do and our actions still mater to God.  Sometimes this is so hard to live by especially during lent.  It is easy to keep my Lenten sacrifice when other people are around.  If I break my sacrifice then I will have to answer to them and to God.  If I break my sacrifice when I am alone then I only have to answer to God.  Although it matters much more what God thinks of my then what my friend's think of me sometimes it seems like I work a lot harder to impress my friends then to impress God.

Dear Lord, Help us to act with justice and righteousness even when no one is watching.