Monday, April 11, 2011

Psalm 3:6

Psalm 3:6 Whenever I lay down and slept, the Lord preserved me to rise again.

Although I understand that this may not be what David meant when he wrote this psalm, I got a very real life comfort in reading this verse. Lately I have been having a really hard time getting out of bed in the morning.  It just seems like the hardest part of my day and something that is so painful that I try to avoid it (with not success).  When I first read this verse all I could think about was the part that says " the Lord preserved me to rise again."  Maybe when I am struggling to get out of bed again I need to turn to God to help me.  Although this may be something small this is not something that I have to struggle with by my self.  Maybe when I am going to bed at night I should pray that the Lord can help me to rise easily in the morning.

Dear Lord, help me to remember that I do not have to go through my struggles (big or small) alone.  Help me to turn to you with my whole life.