Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Minute Friday Unexpected


Five Minute Friday

Unexpected

Go

I like to have things planed.  I like to know what I'll be doing, when I'll be doing it, where I'll be, who I'll be with and any other details that I can put together.  I like to know what's going on.  Then I feel ready.  Everything is going to go as planned.  But the unexpected always seems to come in and ruin my plans.  Why? Because I am not the only person on this Earth.  Other people have wants and needs.  Other people have plans as well.  Then I get upset because my plans did go come out as planned.  This is selfish.  I need to leave room for other people's plans in my plans.  Sometimes it is not another person's plan that interferes with my plans but it is His plans, the Lords plans.  The Lord has a plan for all of us and as much as we try to follow it sometimes our plan does not match his plan.  Maybe sometimes the unexpected is the Lord trying to push us back onto His plan.  

Stop

Dear Lord, Help me to accept the unexpected and allow you to push me back onto your plan when I stray.