Friday, December 30, 2011

An Open Heart



 Open

Go
I have been reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis and reflecting on the advise that Screwtape gave to Wormwood about how to prevent people from really praying.  
"The simplest is to turn their gaze away from Him towards themselves."
How often do I find myself doing this.  I pray but I am only praying for my own self satisfaction.  When I pray I try to make myself better or I try to solve my problems and difficulties.  When I pray it is often me closing myself off from the world and talking to myself.  
Prayer should be a conversation with our Lord.  I should be asking God to make me a better person.  I should be asking God to try to solve my problems or my difficulties.  When I pray I should be opening myself up to the Lord, talking with Him and listening to Him. 

Stop

Dear Lord, Help me to pray with you with an open heart.



Wishing everyone a very happy new year!