Sunday, March 13, 2011

Genesis 18: 27

Genesis 18: 27
Abraham spoke up again: "See how I am presuming to speak to my Lord, though I am but bust and ashes!

I love the humility that Abraham has that he knows that he is only dust compared to God and he should not presume to take up God's time talking with him.  Almost every time that Abraham speaks to God in this chapter he starts off by saying either, Let not my Lord grow impatient if I go on.", "Since I have thus dared to speak to my Lord" or  "Please let not my Lord grow angry if I speak up this last time."  Abraham knows what a great privilege it is to be able to speak to the Lord like he is and he doesn't want to take advantage of it but he can not let the Lord leave until he is sure of the justice of the Lord.
We have to recognize that compared to the Lord we are dust but even so God loves and has time for each one of us.  Even though Abraham is like dust and ashes God still gives him the time to ask his questions and God still takes the time to answer his questions.  God is so great that nothing (even dust) is to small for him.

Dear Lord, Help us to come to you humbly but also never feel like we can't come to you because our problem is to small or unimportant.