Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Psalm 19: 2

Psalm 19:2
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the sky proclaims its builder's craft.

In this psalm the writer sees the glory of God in the natural world, in the sky and in the patterns of the sun.   These natural wonders remind him of the power of God.  When I see beauty in nature I know that there must be a God who created it.  The more that I learn about science and the Earth the more I am reminded that their must be a God.  I don't know how else these things could be created and run so smoothly.  When I learn about the necessary and incredible interactions that occur between specific plants and animals I am amazed at their creation and know that there must be a God.  When I learn about the intricate workings of the human body I am amazed that we can carry out such complex processes without even realizing it and I know that there must be a God who created it.  With all of the incredible workings that I have learned about or observed in science I find it easy to see God in the world around us.  Just like the writer of the psalm who sees the glory of God in the sky and the sun we can see the glory of God in the world that he created.  The problem is that many times we don’t recognize these wonders as the glory of God.

Dear Lord, Help me and others to recognize the wonders that God has created.