Thursday, July 7, 2011

Psalm 20

Psalm 20:8-9
Some rely on chariot, others on horses,
but we on the name of the Lord our God.
They collapse and fall,
but we stand strong and firm.

What do you need to make you happy?  A loving husband, family, friends, a comfortable amount of money, a job, time to relax?  While all of these things are very good and I am thankful to God to have these things they are not the one true thing that should make me happy above all else.  I should be able to be happy without any of these things as long as we have the Lord.  If I lost all these things tomorrow I really don't know what I would do but I know that I would get through it because I rely on the Lord.  I would struggle immensely and feel lost but I know I would be able to get through it and survive because I still had the Lord.
On the other hand if I was to have everything else and loose the Lord I would probably be able to survive and seem happy for a while but that would not last because I had lost my true happiness.  I would not have any base to stand on.  I would eventually collapse and fall.
I am truly thankful to the Lord for everything that I have on Earth; my husband, my friends and family, and all the comforts that I have been blessed with and I pray that I never have to live without them but I know that the true source of my happiness is in the Lord.

Dear Lord, Thank you for everything that you have given me.  Help me to always remember the true source of my happiness.