Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Psalm 31: 5

Psalm 31:5
Free me from the net they have set for me,

Have you felt this way before?  Like there was someone out there you had a net out ready to catch you?  Like there are just to many places to run into temptation?  Like which ever way you turned there was some pressure for you to do something wrong or something that would turn you away from the Lord?

There are a lot of temptations in our society.  There are a lot of places that the devil is working to separate us from the Lord.  But we can't stay hidden in our homes all the time.  We need to be able to avoid these temptations and remain close to the Lord.  We need the Lord to free us from the nets that they have set for us.  We need to use this prayer to keep from falling into the temptations that we are hit with everyday.

What are strategies or prayers that you use to avoid temptations?

Dear Lord, free me from the nets that the devil has set for me.  Help me to remain close to you.