Monday, July 25, 2011

Psalm 30: 12

Psalm 30:12
You changed my mourning into dancing

It seems sometimes that there is so much mourning in the world it is hard to handle or even think about.  I get overwhelmed reading the news or hearing about all the death and destruction in the world (or in my city).  When I read about the shooting in Norway all I can think about is all those poor families and friends who are mourning the death of a person close to them.  When I hear a siren all I can think about is a family who is now homeless because of a fire, or a family siting in the emergency room waiting for news of their loved one who was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, or even a child who is waiting for their father to return home as their father sits in the back of a police car.  A siren means that someone is mourning. 

There was a bad car accident on my street last night.  As I watched a young man being pulled out of the car and into an ambulance all I could think about was the people who would be waiting on him; the people who would be wondering why he was not home on time, the people who would be waiting for news at the emergency room, the people who may be mourning the results of this car accident long after it leaves my mind.

It is easy to become lost in the death and destruction in the world.  It is easy to become depressed and disheartened.  But this verse brings hope.

We can be assured that the Lord will not just leave us mourning but he will take that mourning and turn it into dancing. 

Has the Lord taken mourning in your life and changed it into dancing?

Dear Lord, I pray for all those who are mourning that the pain and suffering that they are experiencing can be one day changed into dancing.



Joining in with Soli Deo Gloria