Saturday, June 18, 2011

Exodus 34: 21

Exodus 34:21
"For six days you may work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; on that day you must rest even during the seasons of plowing and harvesting."

Again with the sabbath.  The Lord tells his people that even in the times that there is a lot of work to be done they still must observe the sabbath.  I know that there are some types of work (like hospitals workers and police) that must happen on the sabbath.  As a society we do not value resting on Sundays or any days.  We have a mentality of competition and convenience and that means working and keeping businesses and stores open as much as possible.  I feel that this is something that we should try to avoid to make time for our friends, family and the Lord.
I feel that there is so much more to look into on this topic.  I will keep reading and keep my eyes open for more information.

Dear Lord, Help me to remember to keep Sunday holy even when I am busy.