Thursday, June 23, 2011

Psalm 15:2

Psalm 15:2
Whoever walks without blame,
doing what is right,
speaking truth from the heart;

While I was reading the psalms today I found a line that relates right back to a Dorothy Day quote about a revolution of the heart.  Speaking the truth is good but what is even better and what we need are people who speak the truth from their hearts.  These people not only speak the truth but they know the truth in their hearts.  This knowledge of the truth comes into view in their actions.  They are doing what is right as the psalm states.  In order to really share and profess you Catholic faith you need to know your faith in your heart.  You don’t need to be able to recite bible verses, explain theological teachings, or be able to completely defend why the Church teaches certain things (although I would like to be able to do these things), but you need to have the truth and love of the Lord in your heart.  I feel that I person who teaches from their heart can teach a lot more about the faith then an encyclopedia of Church doctrine and teachings.

Dear Lord, help me to have your truth in my heart always.