Friday, October 28, 2011

Relevant- Five Minute Friday

This looked interesting so I thought I would give it a try.



Five Minute Friday
Relevant

Go

As a teacher and a learner this is something that I think about all the time.  Is what ever I am teaching my students relevant to their lives?  Will it ever be relevant to their lives?  If not is there another reason that I am teaching it?  How can I make it relevant to their lives?
And also as a learner: How is this relevant to my life?  Why am I spending my time learning this if it is not relevant to me? 
How important it is that we take what we learn and make it relevant to us or to others.  Learning is not productive if it is not used in someway, even if it is just to have a better understanding of the world around us, or to grow closer to the Lord.  If it is not relevant I know that I will not remember what I learn and it will be lost.

Stop