Monday, October 31, 2011

The Our Father- Thy Will be Done

Join me as I take a closer look at The Our Father.  

Thy Will be Done


God has a plan for us.  He has good plans for us.

For I know well the plans I have in mind for you- oracle of the Lord- plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

He has plans for us that will bring us to eternal happiness with him in heaven.

But we have free will.  We do not have to follow his plans for us.  We can follow our own plans.  We can follow which ever path we wish and end up wherever that path takes us.  We do not have to follow his perfect path designed specifically for us which will lead to eternal joy.  We do not have to take the path that leads to our eternal joy and happiness.  

In this line we pray that God's will will be done in our lives and in the world.  We pray that we do take the path that he planed for us.  While we have free will so we can take our own will we pray that we will be able to take his will and follow his plan for our lives.

Dear Lord, I pray to you that I am able to see and follow the plan that you made for my life.






For more of my thoughts on the Our Father and on prayer look at these posts.