Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yarn Along- Something different

I love the idea for this Yarn Along from Ginny at Small Things.  I am trying to get back into knitting and maybe this will help motivate me to knit a little more and maybe finish something. 

What I am knitting?  I am currently working on the second of a pair of thick socks.  Although I didn't originally intend for this it turns out that they will be for me.  I guess I didn't quite get the size right and they don't fit their intended owner so they will be for me instead.  I hope to finish these soon because I already have plans for a little girls sweater.

What I am reading?  Every Man in this Village is a Liar, by Megan Stack.  A great book.  Megan Stack is an American journalist who reported in the Middle East for the past 13 years.  She tells a story about her experiences and what she saw.  It is making me a lot more aware of the issues in the Middle East and giving me a different perspective then what I would hear in the news or read in the paper. It is definitely worth reading.