Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Our Father- On Earth as it is in Heaven

Join me as I take a closer look at The Our Father. 

On Earth as it is in Heaven.

Yesterday I was listening to the radio and I heard Help Pour Out The Rain by Buddy Jewell.  This is not the first time I heard this song but this time one line sent a shiver down my spine. 

"And I can't wait to see my family and meet Jesus face to face."

On Earth as it is in Heaven.

In Heaven I believe all things are perfect.  There is perfect beauty, perfect peace, and perfect light.  There is no sin,, only truth.  No suffering, only joy.  And we will be in perfect communion with the Lord.  We will meet Jesus face to face.  I can not think of anything better than this.  Just thinking about it sends a shiver down my spine.  Heaven is going to be amazing.

On Earth as it is in Heaven.

But in this line we pray to bring the rule of heaven to Earth.  We know that Earth is not heaven but maybe we can make it a little more like heaven.  We pray and work for peace.  We try to teach truth.  We try to bring people joy.  And we try to grow closer to the Lord.

meet Jesus face to face

Can we really do this on Earth??

Yes!!!

In Holy Communion.
In adoration.
In the tabernacle.
Jesus is really there!

I spent a little time in adoration today and was again reminded of the true presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.  He is really there.  There is an awe inspiring wonder that came from siting in the true presence of Jesus in that church today.

Sometimes it is so easy to forget that he is really there.  Ever time you drive by a church he is really there.  Do you drive past the house of a good friend without stopping by to say hi or at least giving them a quick thought?  But so often we do that to Jesus.  We drive right by him without even giving him a single thought.  But yet we look forward to seeing Jesus in heaven.

On Earth as it is in Heaven.

Kind of like a preview to heaven we are given chances to meet Jesus on Earth.

Dear Lord, Help us to make Earth a little more like Heaven.  Help remind us to meet Jesus face to face every chance we get.  Thank you for giving us that amazing gift when we are still sinners on Earth.

For more of my thoughts on the Our Father and on prayer look at these posts.






 
Enjoy your day!